Sunday 1 January 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to Muriel Makes, (also know as 'Sewing for Sasha') 

 Muriel is the name of my wonderful vintage 201 Singer Sewing Machine.  


Needing to find a new creative outlet eight years ago, I rekindled my love of sewing and knitting.  I enjoy all sorts of crafting and have enjoyed taking part in craft shows in the past, but now focus mainly on making doll clothes.  I love dressmaking for dolls such as Sasha, Schoenhut Miss Dolly, American Girl Dolls, Makies, Tressy, Barbie, Sindy and others. 


I am inspired by nature and my love of New Zealand and where possible I try to use New Zealand fabrics and yarns.  However, I also enjoy up-cycling and using vintage fabrics, especially those with some meaning and memories.

Many will already know me from my 'Sewing for Sasha' and 'How Many Dolls' blogs, but now is the time for change as I try to 'refine and refocus' the way I do things.  Hence finally publishing this blog after it sitting waiting for me to do so for rather a long time!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Serenata,

    I am from New Zealand! :) I love the fact that you have named your sewing machine. I have just recently started sewing for Barbie. I've been a collector of Barbie for 21 years this year.
    Looking forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shazza, how wonderful to have a fellow Kiwi visit my blog! I am back in NZ end February through to beginning of April. I see you are in Auckland :-)

    ReplyDelete